WebSphere Platform Administrator
Category: IT/Network/System Admin
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a WebSphere Platform Administrator.
Description of Engagement:
- This is a 6-month contract (through 9/30/2019) supporting WebSphere MQ, WAS, BPM, DataPower and DataStage applications.
- Operation support on WebSphere MQ, WAS, BPM, DataPower, DataStage dev, test and production platforms
- Promote middleware developer changes to the test and production environments
- Support quarterly infrastructure and application patching. This involves bringing some of our middleware applications back online and validating that all systems are up and running
- Troubleshoot and resolve middleware breakfix incidents in a timely manner
- Replacing expiring certificates
- Assist with automating manual tasks and enabling self-service capabilities
- Documentation of all configuration changes, processes, procedures, development, and all work performed
- Support scheduled disaster recovery testing
- Require minimum 5 years' experience with WebSphere MQ, WAS, DataPower
- Require minimum 5 years' experience with Linux command line & scripting
- Require experience with SSL Certificate management
- Require strong troubleshooting skills
- Require Strong communication skills
- Desire minimum 5 years' experience with WebSphere BPM, DataStage
- Desire minimum 5 years' experience with Source Control tools (GIT preferred)
- Desire experience with Puppet or similar Infrastructure As Code tools (e.G. Ansible, Terraform)
- Desire experience with Python, AppWorx and Jenkins
- Desire experience with ITIL concepts
- Adhere to company Guiding Behaviors
- Collaborate well in team environment
- Ability to make and meet commitments
Flexible work schedule to enable evening and weekend work within 40 hr week
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply