ServiceNow Application Developer
Portland, OR 97204
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a ServiceNow Application Developer.
- Provides application software development services.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs and documents software applications.
- Analyzes requirements and tests and integrates application components.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- This position will focus entirely on ServiceNow. We currently have ITSM and will shortly have ITBM modules in production.
- Deliver applications support through development and customization via the ServiceNow ITSM platform
- Support out-of-the-box applications including Problem, Change, Incident, Service Portal, Service Catalog, CMDB, and Service Management
- Understand and represent ITIL/ITSM processes to other business partners
- Advanced experience with development of business rules, UI Policies, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc.
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of ServiceNow platform; emphasis on Asset Management, CMDB, Performance Analytics and Change Management modules is a plus
- Minimum of two (2) years supporting the implementation, administration, configuration and development of ServiceNow platform.
- Ability to develop process flow documentation based on input from existing and future customers of request management
- Ability to optimize request management business process flows based on existing documentation or information from users
- ITIL v3 (or ITIL 4) certification preferred
- 2+ years ServiceNow administration in an enterprise environment
- 1. Programming/Software Development (PROG) - Sets local or team-based standards for programming tools and techniques, including security guidelines and the selection of appropriate development methods. Advises on application of standards and methods and ensures compliance. Takes technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a software development project, providing method-specific technical advice and guidance to project stakeholders. Assigns work packages, monitors performance and manages change control dynamically to optimize productivity. Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- 2. Application Support (ASUP) - Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support. Manages application enhancements to improve business performance. Advises on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups and disaster-recovery needs. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- 3. Incident Management (USUP) - Ensures that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures. Investigates escalated incidents to responsible service owners and seeks resolution. Facilitates recovery following resolution of incidents. Ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed. Analyzes causes of incidents and informs service owners in order to minimize probability of recurrence and contribute to service improvement. Analyzes metrics and reports on performance of incident-management process.
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.