Salem, OR 97301 US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Server Administrator.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Perform first-line triage and support of our cloud, server, storage, and hypervisor. Assist in the monitoring, management, and maintenance of the datacenter infrastructure. Maintain asset management for datacenter infrastructure. Assist in performing project work with the other staff within the infrastructure team. Other duties as assigned.
Work under the general supervision of an Information Technology Supervisor who assigns work, establishes goals, and reviews work for conformance to technical and department standards and in compliance with department goals.
DUTIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain responsibility for the implementation, documentation, and decommissioning of infrastructure and services that are assigned, that meet applicable goals and objectives as defined by business and departmental objectives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the standards, processes, procedures, of how the infrastructure is monitored, managed, and maintained.
- Collaborate with project managers and technical services teams to identify and mitigate problems and incidents with the infrastructure and services that are assigned.
- Maintain responsibility for the monitoring, management, and maintenance of the infrastructure that they are assigned.
- Monitor infrastructure for performance, capacity, and other potential risks.
- Manage the infrastructure ensuring that the configuration, capacity, security, and availability requirements are met, and exceptions are documented.
- Maintain the infrastructure through proactive patching, lifecycle replacement and routine maintenance.
- Ensure that maintenance downtime is communicated to all appropriate personnel and change management procedures are followed.
- Provide technical support for the infrastructure assigned.
- Collaborate with Support Operations, Development, and our customers to ensure that infrastructure related incidents and problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide support for technical teams through documentation, guides, and acts as a subject matter expert for the infrastructure they are assigned.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours infrastructure support.
- Participate in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic working knowledge of Windows and Novell local area networks
- Network installations including hardware and software
- Switches, routers, and wireless devices
- Internet and intranet-based application
- Research and analysis concepts and techniques
- Project management and general planning concepts.
- Skill and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Convey technical and complex information to staff
- Troubleshoot and resolve client/user concerns and operational problems
- Perform PC, printer, and network installations
- Rack and cable switches, routers, and servers under the supervision of NA3 or supervisor
- Train and direct others in use of system
- Coordinate and implement projects of a minor nature
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with system users and other county personnel.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in computer systems related area; OR any satisfactory combination of work, education, training, or experience relevant to the position.
This position is located in Salem, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.