Senior Solutions Architect
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior Solutions Architect.
The overarching purpose of this role is to build a forward-looking blueprint for technology, focusing on innovation and process improvement, while delivering actionable recommendations to help the company achieve its business objectives through optimized digital architecture.
The Integrated Grid Initiatives are a collection of projects and customer programs underway for the purpose of modernizing the operation of company's electric distribution system for a variety of end goals including automation, increased reliability, and ultimately the integration of increasing amounts of distributed energy resources (e.G. Demand Response, Electric Vehicles, Distributed Generation, and Battery Storage). The Program includes implementation of Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), Distributed Energy Resource Management System (DERMS), field communications technologies, and a new distribution operations center as well as other updates to systems and processes dependent on the above.
You will work with a very small team (2-5) initially, but ultimately a very large (up to 100) team.
- Experience with very large technology projects. Ideally would have experience with Geospatial Information Systems, Outage Management Systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems, Distribution Automation.
- Unlikely but highly desired would be experience with Automated Distribution Management Systems and/or Distribution Energy Resource Management systems.
- Role is for a very senior technical architect who is experienced at evaluating and proposing very technical system implementations, supported by technical landscape drawings, data flows, system responsibilities, interactions, and integrations.
- Should be experienced in providing technical guidance to IT technical staff implementing the architect's work including interactively solving and resolving technical issues, balancing cost, effort, speed of delivery, and business value.
- Understanding business problems
- Advanced technical competence in the business systems involved
- Communicates well with others, is a team-oriented problem solver who cares deeply about the business result.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply