Senior Software Engineer
Denver, CO 80203 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
Senior Software Engineer - Web Accessibility Specialist
About the Role:
- We are in search of a Senior Software Engineer with a strong focus on web accessibility to lead our efforts in ensuring our public websites adhere to WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- In this role, you will be driving initiatives to remediate accessibility issues and mentoring mid-level engineers to develop and maintain accessible digital experiences.
- Lead and guide the remediation of accessibility issues on our public websites.
- Mentor and guide mid-level engineers in best practices for web accessibility.
- Update front-end codebases, including JSP, HTML, CSS, and STRUTS to ensure WCAG compliance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in an Agile workflow.
- Identify and diagnose accessibility issues, recommending solutions to ensure optimal user experiences for all users.
- Manage and track accessibility tasks and projects using tools like JIRA.
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in web accessibility remediation.
- Profound knowledge of WCAG 2.1 guidelines and accessibility best practices.
- Strong skills in Java/Spring, JSP, HTML, CSS, STRUTS. Familiarity with Angular and Bootstrap is a plus.
- Experience working with JBOSS servers.
- Familiarity with web accessibility testing tools.
- Strong experience with issue and project tracking tools, preferably JIRA.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies.
- Leadership experience with a proven track record of mentoring junior and mid-level engineers.
- Certification in Web Accessibility (e.g., CPACC, WAS, or equivalent).
- Experience or familiarity with Angular and Bootstrap.
- Proactive, solution-oriented approach to problem-solving.
Location is Denver, CO with Work from Home Flexibility. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.