Senior Project Manager
Portland, OR 97202
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior Project Manager.
- Responsible for leading a single moderate-sized or multiple minor projects. Types include, but are not limited to, business systems or process improvement, department reorganizations and strategy implementation, training, feasibility studies and pilots.
- Consults with engineering and operations managers to ensure strategic alignment, cost effectiveness and mitigation of negative operational and/or customer service impacts of business initiatives and projects; works with project sponsor to develop objectives and scope; assists in or develops business case/justification.
- Develops project plan(s) including WBS, schedule and cost baselines, dependencies and project roles and resource requirements; identifies project risks and mitigation strategies; partners and strategizes with Supply Chain, Legal, IT and project sponsor on vendor contract negotiations.
- Establishes and maintains formal controls to manage and monitor project budget, scope, quality, schedule and risks to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and effectively. Negotiates necessary project changes with project sponsor. Maintains, adjusts and updates project plans as needed.
- Develops communication plans and strategies; provides timely, accurate communication of project
- plans and status to stakeholders.
- Ensures all project documents are catalogued and archived in a secure and efficient manner; documents
- and files all “lessons learned” along with all project artifacts.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, communications, or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Prefer 5 years or more in project management
- PMP certification preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of project management science, methodologies and standards.
- Intermediate knowledge of and ability to integrate project management knowledge areas including project scope, quality, time, cost, communication, procurement, human resources and risk management.
- Intermediate knowledge of and skill in using software applications such as MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel spreadsheet and graphing, Access and Visio, Maximo and Power Plant.
- Intermediate knowledge of group problem-solving methods and techniques including problem analysis, nominal group and brainstorming techniques and consensus building.
- Intermediate skills in writing technical and business requirements.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral, including negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Working consulting skills.
- Intermediate analytical thinking skills.
- Intermediate ability to manage stakeholders.
- Intermediate business acumen.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills.
- Project management
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.