Senior IT Project Manager
Portland, OR 97204 | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager.
Description of Project
- Network and Server/Storage ‘Fitness’ areas; significant hardware replacement effort underway for one of the main computer systems, as well as a new data center build out and subsequent application migration.
- Manage large scale IT infrastructure projects, responsible for all aspects of project execution from initiation through close, following (and promoting) project management best practices, SDLC and other applicable company and regulatory requirements.
- Utilize technical, business, and personal skills to direct staff and solve complex issues and produce results with limited oversight.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation, and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines).
- Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders, consistent with the methods in use. (Agile, waterfall, etc.)
- Ensures quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Work with ‘Home team’ (my team) – 6 people, project teams from 5 to 20
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP preferred
Required Skills: 6 - 8 Years Experience
- Technical program and project management
- Knowledge of Agile/scrum (more PM, less scrum master)
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to lead diverse teams with contributors ranging from entry level to principal engineers and architect.
- Experience with large scale technical infrastructure implementations both on-premises and in the cloud.
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.