Senior Backend Engineer
Portland, OR 97201 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer.
You will join our team to deliver the industry’s most extensive software platform in the Cancer-fighting business. Your work will improve both efficiency and outcomes for patients.
We seek a versatile Software Engineer with an interest in developing high-performance, server-side applications and services. The ideal candidate will have a holistic view of software development, be inquisitive, and enjoy problem-solving.
Candidates must have the following experience:
- Minimum 5 years Java Backend experience (services / APIs)
- Minimum 7+ years, prefer 10+ of commercial software development experience
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or demonstrated software development experience
- Proficient with unit testing technologies
- Modern Open Source tools and libraries, such as Tomcat, Hibernate, Node JS, ExpressJS
- Image processing and manipulation
- Background in the medical software segment (regulations, security requirements, protocols, …) or other segments with strong privacy regulations
- Proficient with continuous integration environments
- Building, integrating and extending Open Source projects and code
- Deploying applications into existing infrastructure, including integration techniques, asynchronous message processing, RESTful design patterns, etc.
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud and/or virtualization technologies, security, networking and infrastructure
- Software development and deployment on Linux and applicable technologies (Docker, K8s)
- Experience with .Net or Microsoft C++
- Demonstrate technical leadership in design, scoping & implementation of epics and releases
- Demonstrate the ability to mentor teams, including junior members, through code reviews
- Design, estimate, communicate, implement and test new features, components and functionality
- Have experienced with (and willing to participate in) development using Agile methodologies, preferably using a Github / Pull-request model
- Be able to express and communicate thoughts and ideas (both written and verbally) to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in fast-paced, small company environments where team members must sometimes extend beyond their traditional job description (start-up environment)
- Be Analytical, organized, detail-oriented and self-directed
- Be able to work well alone or within a small team
- Be comfortable talking to, demonstrating and deploying to customers
- Be an excellent problem solver and have the ability to architect a solution based on general requirements and discussions
- Be familiar with standard professional software development processes including working from requirements and standards documents, task estimation, documenting designs, source code control, unit testing
This position is 100% Fully Remote
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.