Risk Management Analyst
Tualatin, OR 97062 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Risk Management Analyst.
In this role, you will help senior leadership and key business partners to understand, quantify and act upon uncertainty in an increasingly complex and data driven business landscape.
A high-level overview of your team, its initiatives/deliverables, and any tool/technologies specific to your team/department/project they will be supporting:
- Day to Day Operation of the Risk Management work
- Size of the team is 4 but you will be working with the Power Operation team, Electric and Gas trading group, and IT
- Review Daily Position report and do analytics as needed
- 8-10 years’ experience in the energy market industry and 5 years in Risk Management.
- Experience with wholesale power and/or commodities markets and quantitative energy trading experience is preferred.
- Have a broad background in energy and quantitative risk analysis in North America with a focus on power, natural gas, and renewables.
- Have developed expertise in at least one of the following techniques: time series analysis and Monte Carlo simulation, advanced regression and econometric techniques, advanced optimization techniques leveraging commercial solvers.
- Experience with Production Cost Modeling
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with Endur ETRM is a plus, but not necessary.
- Utilities experience is Preferable
What type of Soft Skills are needed to fit with the team culture and project?
- Willing to work in collaborative environment, whiteboarding and working
- Need to be a self-start and ask lots of questions for clarification and be able to speak up.
- BA or BS in Quantitative discipline (engineering, statistics, science discipline, economics, quantitative finance).
Location is Tualatin, Oregon with Work From Home Flexibility. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.