Portland, OR 97204 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Release Manager.
Release Manager (Strong DevOps experience)
This role will primarily support the Customer service and solutions group with managing multiple releases at a time.
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices
- Solve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects
- Lead the assessment, including assessment of risk, analysis, planning and design of release packages.
- Liaise with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress.
- Conduct post-release reviews. Ensure release processes and procedures are applied
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms and provide expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist consultancy. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, and product or application area.
- Develop implementation plans for complex requests for change. Evaluate risks to the integrity of service environment inherent in proposed implementations (including availability, performance, security, and compliance of the business services impacted). Seek authority for those activities, review the effectiveness of change implementation, and suggest improvement to organizational procedures governing change management. Lead the assessment, analysis, development, documentation, and implementation of changes based on requests for change.
- Change Management: Develops implementation plans for complex requests for change. Evaluates risks to the integrity of service environment inherent in proposed implementations (including availability, performance, security, and compliance of the business services impacted). Seeks authority for those activities, reviews the effectiveness of change implementation, and suggests improvement to organizational procedures governing change management. Leads the assessment, analysis, development, documentation, and implementation of changes based on requests for change.
- Quality Assurance: Uses quality standards to review past performance and plan future activities.
- Relationship Management: Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining, and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- 8 - 10 years of experience in Release Management
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in release management, DevOps, and release engineering.
- Preferred experience with Oracle cloud, CC&B or similar systems would be nice to have.
Location is Portland, OR. Position is Fully Remote.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.