Public Health Program Manager
Nashville, TN 37243 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Public Health Program Manager.
- Our client is in need of a Public Health Program Manager to support the implementation of a Data Modernization effort. This position will directly support the Data Modernization work with regards to supporting workforce development, program assessment, program administration and coordination, and associated grant, contract, and resource management.
- In this position, you will work closely with administrative, core informatics, advanced analytics and visualization, and data governance teams, as well as with various divisions and programs, including with Information Technology staff.
- You will be responsible for supporting the Chief Public Health Informatics Officer, the Chief Data Officer, and the Director of Data Governance in coordinating Data Modernization activities.
- Oversee Data Modernization related procurement and contracts
- Oversee Data Modernization Initiative planning, communications, and assessments.
- Coordinate development and implementation of the Data Modernization workforce development program focused on data science and informatics
- Coordinate organization-wide Data Modernization workforce assessments and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Develop a Data Modernization workforce develop plan based on assessment findings
- Support identification of training opportunities, scheduling, and implementation of training events, associated communications, and training evaluation
- Support the identification of related workforce recruitment and retention initiatives
- Aid in the coordination and management of other Data Modernization related projects and activities.
- Support strategic planning administration and management.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with at least a bachelor's degree and experience equivalent to substantial (three or more years of) full-time increasingly responsible professional public health program work including, at least, two years of full-time supervisory work or program oversight.
- Required experience includes at least two years of grant management, contract management, project management, and finance management.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Power Point, and SharePoint are required.
Substitution of Education for Experience:
- Additional graduate coursework in a business or health-related field may be substituted, on a year-for-year basis, for one year of the required non-supervisory experience.
- Ideal candidates should have at least two years working in a health or health IT related field, be action oriented, able to work independently and as a part of a team, be customer focused, be organized, and be able to demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills.
Location is Nashville, Tennessee with Work From Home Flexibility. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.