Category: Project Management
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking Project Managers.
Our client is in need of Project Managers with extensive experience managing large information technology projects.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Oversee all aspects of projects.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project.
- Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Seven or more years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform on-site Project Management (PM) services for large, high risk, and complex technology projects. The Key Person will work directly with the IE Project Office Director and Project Office Manager to understand project goals and establish that the appropriate strategic and tactical project approach, staffing, and processes are activated to meet those goals.
- Participate in multiple project management activities across the IE Project and subprojects.
- Work closely with the IE Project Office Director and Project Office Manager to ensure effective project communication and coordination across the IE Project and subprojects.
- Provide project management expertise and best practices, and ensure projects are managed utilizing a standard, consistent methodology.
- Work in collaboration as needed with the on-site IE Project team which includes the SI Contractor, or any other project-related contractor, State Agency, or other entity needed to perform the tasks outlined in this Opportunity.
- Perform on-site Project Management (PM) services that include all Project Management Institutes (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) knowledge areas and process groups.
- Create, maintain, and update project schedules using Microsoft (MS) Project Professional (Server version 2010 or higher).
- Create, maintain, and updated documents using MS Office Suite of applications that include Excel, Power Point, Word, and Visio in a SharePoint environment.
- Create written reports for in-person presentations to a wide variety of audiences including high-level executives.
- Manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines and within budget.
- Provide high-level coordination across multiple vendors, contractors, other agencies, and stakeholders for IT work.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate IT related meetings as needed to ensure a successful outcome of the Project.
- Attend a variety of Project meetings as required to stay informed on Project activities and maintain two-way communication across all IT related aspects of the Project.
- Work within existing Project Office established processes.
- Review the weekly and monthly Project updates to the Project Office Manager and Project Office Director in preparation for Weekly and Monthly Project Status Reports.
- Advise on and escalate key risks/issues that impact the Project.
- Create ad hoc IT reports as requested by management.
- Oversee and participate in Project testing activities.
- Assist with planning and schedule implementations taking into account internal and external business and technical resource availability.
- Assist in creating work breakdown structures that outline the individual project schedules, or elaborates existing project schedules.
- Assist in defining, tracking, and managing project scope, deliverables, and implementation activities.
- Assist with business analysis.
- Meet with Project Leadership, Service Development and Delivery Managers/Team Leads, and stakeholders to evaluate, understand, document and communicate technology needs to both internal and external parties.
- Assist in developing resources, cost, and time estimates for accomplishing the Project's technology needs.
- Assist in developing Request for Proposal documents for acquisition of Design, Development and Implementation (DDI) services, Quality Assurance, and/or other technology related proposals.
- Provide input in reviews of Project deliverables.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply