Portland, OR 97204 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Project Manager.
- Project Management
- Defines, documents, and carries out small projects or subprojects (typically less than six months with limited budget, limited interdependency with other projects and no significant strategic impact), alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases.
- Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Agrees on project approach with stakeholders and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk, and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Portfolio, Program and Project Support
- Takes responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Uses and recommends project control solutions for planning, scheduling, and tracking projects.
- Sets up and provides detailed guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools, and techniques.
- Supports program or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
- Provides basic guidance on individual project proposals.
- May be involved in aspects of supporting a program by providing a cross-program view on risk, change, quality, finance, or configuration management.
- Methods and Tools - Promotes and ensures use of appropriate techniques, methodologies, and tools.
- Data Analysis - Investigates corporate data requirements and applies data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Financial Management - Monitors and maintains all required financial records for compliance and audit to all agreed requirements. Assists other areas of the business with their financial tasks, especially in the areas of identification of process, service, project and component costs and the calculation and subsequent reduction of all business service, project, component, and process failures. Contributes to financial planning and budgeting. Collates required financial data and reports for analysis and to facilitate decision-making.
- Business Process Improvement - Analyzes business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches. Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change program. Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
- 5 or more years in project management
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Exposure and/or experience with corporate services applications such as payroll processing applications, compliance management tool, records management, Service Now, Workday.
- Advanced knowledge of project management science, methodologies, and standards.
- Working knowledge of and ability to integrate project management knowledge areas including project scope, quality, time, cost, communication, procurement, human resources, and risk management.
- Working knowledge of and skill in using software applications such as MS Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel spreadsheet and graphing, Access and Visio, Maximo, and Power Plant.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral, including negotiation, persuasion, and presentation skills. Education requirements:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, communications, computer science or other related field or equivalent experience.
Location is Portland, OR with Work From Home Flexibility. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.