Portland, OR 97204 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Project Manager.
- The Distributed Resource Planning Project Manager role is critical to informing and executing company’s Distributed System Planning (DSP) Filing under Oregon Docket UM 2005. The DSP will be filed to the Public Utility Commission of Oregon (OPUC) in two parts: Part 1 is due on October 15, 2021 and Part 2 is due on August 15, 2022.
- The position will support the DRP Team by working cross-functionally to support and manage the DSP. This role will maintain strong relationships with regulators, customers, communities, and interested stakeholders needed to assist in advancing company initiatives, as well as regulatory policy goals.
- While serving as a DSP advocate, this role will plan, monitor, and manage presentations, reports, data, and projects from initiation through completion, secure required resources, develop formal processes, identify risks, ensure transparent data and tools, complete deliverables on-time, and manage project budgets, where applicable.
- Develop project plan(s) including scope of work, schedule and cost baselines, dependencies and project roles and resource requirements; identify project risks and mitigation strategies; partner and strategize with such teams as Integrated Resource Plan, Load Forecasting, Finance, Transmission & Distribution Engineering, Rates & Regulatory Affairs, Grid Products & Integration, Supply Chain, Legal, IT and project sponsor on vendor contract negotiations.
- Responsible for leading a single moderate-sized project or for leading multiple minor projects. Project types include, but are not limited to, business systems or process improvement, department reorganizations and strategy implementation, training, feasibility studies and pilots.
- Consult with operations managers to ensure strategic alignment, cost effectiveness and mitigation of negative operational and/or customer service impacts of business initiatives and projects; work with project sponsor to develop objectives and scope; assist in or develop business case/justification.
- Lead multiple project teams or one major team in completing a project. Provide staff leadership to team members; facilitates team meetings, cultivates, and reinforces group values, norms, and behaviors; provide guidance and motivation to team on performance and productivity issues; ensure compliance with established project management methodologies and standards; take corrective action as needed.
- Establish and maintain formal controls to manage and monitor project budget, scope, quality, schedule, and risks to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and effectively. Negotiate necessary project changes with project sponsor. Maintain, adjust, and update project plans as needed.
- Develop communication plans and strategies; provide timely, accurate communication of project plans and status to stakeholders.
- Lead and/or facilitate distributed resource planning activities; assist managers and subject matter experts to identify, understand and improve or revise processes, practices, and policies; assists managers in establishing process controls in order to measure baseline and post-improvement performance to monitor success of improvement initiatives.
- Ensure all project documents are catalogued and archived in a secure and efficient manner; document and file all “lessons learned” along with all project artifacts.
- Partner with project managers to improve overall organizational competencies in project management; collaborate with project manager peer group to continually improve.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, natural resources, business, communications, psychology or computer science or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically, five or more years in project management or a related field. (e.g., scheduling, project coordination, business analyst).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization, information or data exists.
- Skills in analytical and strategic thinking.
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.