Salem, OR 97301 US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Programmer Analyst.
We are currently looking for a valued team member to join our client as an Oracle Programmer Analyst.
In this role, you will be responsible for their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. You will be leading efforts to optimize, streamline and report on the customization, configuration, and maintenance of the Oracle systems.
This includes, but is not limited to the stewardship of Oracle ERP, PL/SQL, SSRS across both the Windows and Unix platforms to deliver services our citizens need. Collaborate inter-departmentally and with other teams in Information Technology on strategies and plans to accommodate new features and growth of the Information Technology environment.
Thorough knowledge of:
- Systems analysis, design, and testing methods; applications programming techniques
- Systems maintenance and security
- Application development tools
- Principles and practices of data communication; computer hard-ware and systems software in supporting application systems
- Data base management systems, principles, and techniques
- Applicable computer programming languages
- Data integrity control, principles of mathematics, statistics, and spatial data analysis
- Computer mapping techniques.
Skill and ability to:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Assign work and evaluate staff performance, convey technical and complex information to persons not directly involved with data processing
- Design and analyze systems
- Evaluate system performance
- Establish controls and security measures
- Code, test, and document applications
- Plan and coordinate program efforts to achieve data processing requirements and objectives
- Develop and implement data processing projects
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with vendors, system users and other county personnel.
- Writing SQL Plus
- Writing in scripting languages
- Using a Unix variant environment
- Using Relational Database
- Using an ERP system
- Developing paginated reports
- Backend data processing with Secure FTP and key exchange
- Lead efforts to translate software specifications and requirements into workable business applications.
- Plan, design, development, test, deploy and maintain custom software supporting departments and enterprise systems.
- Analyze and fulfill requests for reports and queries from computing systems.
- Revise and optimize code to improve and extend the life of business applications.
- Adhere to established software and information security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Retain, improve upon and mentor others on technical knowledge and developing trends as a means of keeping skills current.
- Diagnose system software problems, resolve issues and failures
- Lead team members in troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of application malfunctions.
- Triage and assign out or assist with incident tickets promptly
- Evaluate and resolve customer issues to minimize impact to business operations.
- Provide detailed root cause analysis and develop mitigation plan to prevent reoccurrence of issues.
- Maintain accuracy of assigned entries on system services within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and respond to errors and emergency problems.
- Provide ongoing expert level administrative support for diverse set of commercial-off-the-shelf or packaged applications to include:
- Installation and validation of product updates
- Resolving problems experienced by the user community
- Lead systems integrations
- Developing, maintaining, and updating, as applicable, relevant client documentation and procedures
- Identifying product defects or issues that must be resolved by working with product vendors
- Supports the users by resolving incidents and completing service requests.
- Provide customer service and support for higher level Tier-3 end-users.
- Provide support in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Lead trouble-shooting user issues across components that make up the system including installation, data connections, and backend computing.
- Provides on-call technical support after-hours as needed for Emergency Response.
- Support the development of training documents for users, trainers, and support personnel.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related field; AND Two (2) years of professional experience in at least one (1) of the following disciplines: Systems Development, Business Analysis or Data Architecture; OR 2. Six (6) years of professional experience in at least one (1) of the following disciplines: Systems Development, Business Analysis or Data Architecture. 3. Any satisfactory combination of work, education, training, or experience relevant to the position
PREFERENCES Preference will be awarded to applicants with the following experience:
- Writing PL/SQL
- Extensive knowledge in Oracle stored objects
- Life cycle development
- Writing Bash scripts
- Sql tuning, tkprof, explain plan
- Using Oracle Linux environment
- Using Oracle 19c database
- Using Oracle EBS
- Using Oracle Application Express
- Using Oracle Cloud Applications
- Using Toad or SQL Developer tools
- Using software version control systems based on Git technology
- ITIL Framework
This position is located in Salem, OR. ONSITE LOCAL ONLY. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.