Program Manager/Product Specialist
Portland, OR 97204 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Program Manager/Product Specialist.
- We are looking to add a contingent Program Manager to support the team over an extended summer season across a multiple customer facing pilot programs within our Customer Flex Load Program Implementation Team.
- Background in customer facing program implementation with demand response or energy efficiency experience is desired.
- Individual will use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business best practices to ensure the pilot-programs are progressing according to strategy and roadmap, day-to-day operations that requires cross-functional execution.
- Musts: Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions; work well independently, proactive in seeking resolution and can work with minimal guidance.
Key Responsibilities (This role will be covering for roles responsible for the following):
- Market Knowledge and Product Analysis Serves as expert in the target market and responds to changing market demands; completes comprehensive competitive and market analysis to appropriately position assigned products; maintains market knowledge through key trade publications and participation in trade organizations and meetings/trade shows for target segment.
- Product Strategies Develops innovative, creative, and cost-effective strategies that drive the success of assigned products; ensures vision and strategy are aligned to corporate strategy; serves as the expert for assigned products in product portfolio; champions the features and benefits of assigned products in product portfolio; participates in determining best uses of company resources for program goals.
- Product Performance and Evaluation Tracks program/product performance and analyzes promotion/channel effectiveness; identifies and evaluates potential product enhancements or extensions; documents and reports on findings; determines how to use data to make product enhancements; recommends changes to incorporate in future efforts.
- Product Life Cycle Management Manages the life cycle of products through the growth, maturity, and decline/discontinue stages and determines trajectory of assigned product lines; project manages enhancement development and implementation; expands program participation among customers.
- Internal Collaboration Collaborates with stakeholder departments to execute product strategies, identifies customer profiles, awareness, and satisfaction, drawing promotion lists and planning promotions.
- Customer Experience Designs and implements customer service processes and procedures to ensure high-quality customer experiences; may support customers who have questions or challenges with products or tools associated with the product; determines product changes that increase customer satisfaction.
- Policy Planning and Development Provides input into policies, practices and procedures related to new products and services.
- External and Vendor Relations and Communication Represents company on committees related to assigned products; establishes and maintains relations with industry organizations such as Energy Trust or Green Mountain Energy to jointly plan promotions and evaluate completed promotions; communicates with trade organizations to identify developments and ensure company is on the forefront of marketing opportunities.
- Excellent communication and organization abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong research and report-generating skills
- Experience in using Microsoft software suite (such as Excel) for project tracking
- Familiarity with utility/energy industry terminology highly desired
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Intermediate knowledge of product management principles, theories, processes, and practices, including product life cycle management and continuous improvement
- Intermediate knowledge of the features, functionality and benefits of products and services of an electrical utility
- Intermediate skills in researching and analyzing market data and trends, including competitive offerings, and responding to changing demands
- Intermediate skills in understanding customer needs and challenges to effectively demonstrate product benefits and solutions
- Intermediate skills in developing product strategies and plans, product budget management, and forecasting product growth
- Working knowledge of finance, economic and accounting principles.
- Intermediate skills in developing and administering contracts and in coordinating requests for information (RFI)
- Intermediate knowledge of tariffs and rate structure
- Intermediate knowledge of advertising/communication channels
- Intermediate analytical thinking skills
- Intermediate business acumen
- Intermediate creativity and innovation skills
- Intermediate influence skills
- Advanced collaboration skills
- Intermediate negotiation skills
- Intermediate organization and prioritization skills
- Intermediate presentation and facilitation skills
- Intermediate problem-solving skills
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, accounting, economics or other related field or equivalent experience.
Location is Portland, OR. Position is Fully Remote.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.