Oracle Database Administrator
Salem, OR 97301 US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator.
We are currently looking for a valued team member to join our client as an Oracle Database Administrator. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating and providing a wide variety of complex professional level work in the analysis, design, installation, configuration, implementation, administration, problem solving, and technical optimization of complex database systems and database management software in the mixed and client server environments.
- Provide complex and responsible technical support for database management systems and related system software to ensure database quality, integrity, and performance
- Coordinate with systems and technical support staff
- Assist with technical design and development of complex databases
- Perform other complex and responsible technical tasks relative to the administration of the databases
- Collaborate inter-departmentally and with other teams in Information Technology on strategies and plans to accommodate new features and growth of the Information Technology environment
- The position also performs other related work as required
- Strong technical skills in database management.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a strong team member
- Handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions
- Handle a high level of computer efficiency and systems knowledge
- To design and analyze data information.
- Maintains responsibility for planning, design, installation, tuning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of county-owned databases and related support tools.
- Regularly performs capacity planning and optimization of database instances to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Routinely performs upgrades and applies patches to stay current with the latest releases to reduce vulnerabilities and avoid databases becoming obsolete.
- Implements security measures and database hardening to safeguard sensitive information and prevent data loss.
- Deploys and regularly reviews monitoring and logging of database performance and transactions for suspicious activities.
- Analyzes and resolves database issues using technical tools and following best practices.
- Plans, monitors, tests, and documents the results of database backup and recovery processes on a regular basis.
- Follows the internal Change Control processes when implementing database changes.
- Develops and maintains formal documented processes and procedures for ongoing management and maintenance of the database environment.
- Works closely with project teams, software developers, technical support groups, external vendor, and the client to ensure a smooth implementation and operations of database services.
- Develops and maintains a technical roadmap to ensure currency of the database environment.
- Supports the transition to cloud computing databases and Software as a Service technologies.
- Assists application developers with scripting, data analysis, and report development as needed.
- Serves as an expert within a technical area and educates others on technical issues.
- Administers tools related to business intelligence and reporting services.
- Provides technical support after-hours on an as needed basis.
- Associate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related field of study from an accredited institution; AND 2. Three (3) years of database analysis and design experience; AND 3. Three (3) years of database administration experience, which may be concurrent with #2; OR 4. Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position.
This position is located in Salem, OR. ONSITE LOCAL ONLY. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.