Labor Contracts Specialist
Category: Human Resources
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Labor Contracts Specialist .
- Working Job title: Labor Contracts Specialist T&D Dock Crew Contract Strategy Project
- Responsible for performing contract assignments in support of a centralized procurement activity and in the audit/review of that activity.
- Solicits bids to procure a variety of Transmission & Distribution line construction services and negotiates and administers contracts.
- Assess contractor performance to identify the need for amendments of existing contracts
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices; reviews and interprets contract provisions to achieve cost efficiencies and reductions where feasible
- Assesses contractor service value and product/service reliability relative to cost; plans, organizes, and coordinates acquisition alternatives, as appropriate
- Negotiate contract agreements for products and services
- Prepare and edit contracts between the company and potential clients
- Develop and implement effective procurement proposals
- Coordinate with clients to guarantee terms of contracts are fulfilled in compliance with the contract terms and regulations
- Analyze current docks crew contracting strategy
- Evaluate dock crew efficiency in current model
- Identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency of dock crews
- Evaluate feasibility of a unitized contracting strategy
- Develop a plan for unitizing dock crews
- Make recommendations to business
- Implement improvements plan and monitor progress of project
- Project management, knowledge of labor contracts, knowledge of transmission and distribution line construction practices
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of procurement regulations, contract documents, and legal specifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Project management knowledge and skills
- Cost analysis skills
- Knowledge of costing and pricing methodology
- Skill in the negotiation and establishment of contractual arrangements for goods and services
- Knowledge of contractor compliance issues and procedures, as applicable to an electric utility
- Ability to assess contract compliance and product/service quality
- Project management, contract management, change management, communication
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution line construction practices, construction contracts, work types, process, and business practices.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply