Portland, OR 97204 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an Interconnection Coordinator.
Overall responsibility of processing project inquiries, applications and agreements and identifying interconnection issues for the Net Metering program. The position must work with solar, wind, small hydro and other renewable resource providers and Customers to plan and schedule Net Metering and Small Power projects and to track their progress to completion. The position will coordinate with the company's protection, metering, and billing departments to assure a smooth interconnection for customers.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Identify and track Net Metering questions and issues arising from interconnections at each renewable resource site. Maintain database of issues and resolutions. Lead meetings to discuss current Net Metering status of individual Sites.
- Work with solar and other renewable providers and Customers to plan and schedule interconnection scoping meetings and project review meetings.
- For each new interconnection request: prepare responses following published rules and regulations for timeliness, due dates and required agreements. Coordinate/facilitate meetings with appropriate parties. Work with project managers to develop project requirements and schedules and coordinate reviews by other departments, then develop work orders and other required forms to complete necessary projects.
- Clearly communicate operating/performance standards and procedures, handle disputes and billing discrepancies with customers, strategic partners, internal departments, consultants, and contractors.
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree in Business or another related field preferred.
- Typically, 2 or more years of utility experience with 1 year of experience in a technical field, such as experience in solar, renewables, energy efficiency, metering, facility operations, or other energy related field.
- Ability to understand the technical nature of how solar systems work, how distribution systems works, and how billing can work
- Basic knowledge of business contracts or tariffs and good analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent human relations skills with ability to deal with people at different levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of marketing and sales processes and electrical power system.
- Able to work with multiple projects at once, provide detailed oversight of project timelines and regulatory requirements with a minimum of supervision. Intermediate organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines, and time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to follow accuracy standards
- Ability to successfully collaborate with peers, managers, and others within the organization.
Top 3 skills to be successful in this role:
- 1- Customer focus skills
- 2- Able to work with a diverse team
- 3- Good typing and data entry skills/Strong Microsoft Office skill especially Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.