Instructional Designer/Training Specialist
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an Instructional Designer/Training Specialist.
This engagement will be focused on a Security Awareness Program. In an effort to reduce the human risk in cybersecurity, physical security and situational awareness the company is implementing a Security Awareness Program. This program ensures all current and future employees, contingent workers and vendors with access to company locations, assets and technology are aware of, understand and comply with security policies, procedures and expected behaviors. We support all aspects of our Strategic Direction and culture shifts as we collectively pursue excellence in our work to deliver the best-possible customer experience. A long-term, sustainable framework that brings together cybersecurity, physical security and situational awareness to increase awareness, understanding and compliance
- Identifies technical training needs and establishes objectives.
- Sources potential training vendors and platforms and evaluates training options.
- In collaboration with managers and other areas of HR, selects training products.
- Coordinates implementation.
- Monitors vendor performance to objectives.
- Collaborates with project members, managers and employees to assess technical training needs and develops customized training approaches and methodologies, taking into consideration changes in technology, regulation or best practices and aligning to HR strategy
- Work with a team of approx 6 members
- Develops and implements appropriate evaluation tools and methods to assess learning effectiveness.
- Coordinates initiatives and projects to support employee and management development of technical skills through various channels.
- Instructional Design
- Typically four or more years in training with at least two years of operational or technical training experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of industry best practices related to area of discipline
- Advanced knowledge of learning technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of instructional systems design
- Intermediate skills in project/program management
- Intermediate skills in facilitation and presentations
- Intermediate safety leadership skills
- Intermediate skills in analytical thinking
- Advanced skills in problem solving
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Intermediate decision-making skills
- Advanced organization and prioritization skills
- Intermediate knowledge of business process interrelationships
- Advanced business acumen skills.
- Advanced skills in change leadership
- Intermediate risk management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of industry best practices related to area of discipline
- Strong instructional design
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply