Portland, OR 97204
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an Instructional Designer.
- Our client puts on about 70 seminars, workshops, webinars and online training events for its business customers every year. As Instructional Designer, you would help develop the training materials used for these sessions.
You will design, develop and ensure excellent delivery of educational classes and programs for business customers that promotes the wise and efficient use of energy and related topics.
- Excellent oral and written communication, human relations, and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of training program design, adult learning theory, and state-of-the-art training techniques.
- Excellent self-management skills; able to work well collaboratively or independently depending on the need.
- Effective presentation, group process (facilitation), and project management skills.
- Excellent research, analytical and interpretive skills in technical areas.
- Working knowledge of storyboards, typography, illustration, and page layout skills.
- Typically a BA or BS in business, finance, marketing, communication, psychology or relevant technical area, and five years of applicable experience
- Design and build educational seminars, workshops & webinars for the wise and efficient use of energy and specific energy efficiency measures/programs.
- Guide and oversee the online trainings developed by our eLearning Specialist. This includes providing the content from existing seminars and webinars to create online training.
- Work collaboratively with external stakeholders, including Energy Trust of Oregon, to ensure classes and programs include elements that increase customer participation and ensure their understanding of program benefits, timelines, and options.
- Manage relationship with internal and external instructors and subject matter experts who help develop content. This includes ensuring a Statement of Work is in place; deliverables are met on time; the material for trainings are appropriate for business customers attending; and the company is providing the instructor the support we have agreed to.
- Ensure professional excellence of internal and external instructors and subject matter experts who help develop content for classes. This includes evaluating the instructors in the seminars and workshops and providing feedback/suggestions for future.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving customers' energy efficiency training needs. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to identify and effectively advocate training and education to help remove barriers to take action on energy efficiency measures/programs.
- Design and propose the schedule of classes for the 2017, utilizing input from internal and external stakeholders and customer feedback.
- Collaborate with Customer Training & Education team, key stakeholders, like Energy Trust of Oregon staff, as well as internal and external instructors and subject matter experts.
- Ensure seminars, workshops and online trainings are congruent with individual learning styles and that utilize adult learning concepts.
- Manage multiple assignments, manage projects and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Working collaboratively with project team members to ensure the quality and timelines for course material are met
- Working with diverse groups with varying technical ability for accuracy and program/project applications, and providing constructive feedback.
- Evaluate information from SMEs, external consultants regarding content and effectiveness of training materials.
- Adapt and suggest use of new and ever-changing training techniques and resources, i.e multi-media and other technology.
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.