IT Systems Architect
Salem, OR 97301
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an IT Systems Architect.
- The IT Systems Architect will be a part of a central organization that serves the Information Technology needs of almost 1,800 employees and over 600 IT Systems. We support 14 widely-diverse departments delivering services to areas such as Healthcare, Law Enforcement, and Construction to name just a few.
- As a highly visible leader, the IT Systems Architect is part of the Information Technology team responsible for establishing and implementing the strategic direction of the division and defines technical solutions that meet the business needs of end-user departments.
- The role demands deep and broad technical skills in multiple technical domains such as applications, server, cloud-based computing, storage, database, network, and security.
- Works under the general supervision of the Chief Information Officer, and uses business strategy to lead, define and coordinate technical solution architectures. The position serves as the expert level technical architect creating an integrated user experience across all channels such as the enterprise, web, mobile and social media.
- Works across the departments to understand business needs and requirements, then leads, designs and delivers solutions using appropriate channels.
- Responsible for defining the architecture processes, standards, governance and compliance.
- IT Architecture Strategy: The System Architect works with departments, analysts, database administrators, developers, end-users and others to lead in the development of an IT architecture strategic framework. Additionally, the candidate will assess current architecture and determines system capability to meet near and long-term IT requirements, as well as analyze gaps between the current state and the desired future state for IT architecture and develop the IT architecture implementation plan.
- IT Architecture Design: The System Architect serves as the management adviser and technical consultant in the evaluation, use, and maintenance of IT architecture design. The candidate will provide expertise on integration, interfaces, data flows, technologies, and best practices for IT projects. The candidate will also have deep understanding of software and system design principles in selecting solutions that account for data integrations.
- IT Architecture Use: The candidate will lead improvement of customer usability, usefulness and appeal across the IT architecture. The position will continually analyze all pertinent data including but not limited to user experience, effectiveness, ease of use and other information to optimize technical solutions. Additionally, the IT System Architect will continually research emerging technologies to improve and optimize current solutions and to ensure sustainability and compliance with established standards.
- IT Architecture Standards and Governance: The IT System Architect defines, develops, publishes and maintains IT architecture standards with heavy emphasis on non-customized solutions, avoiding point designs, ensuring data integrity, leveraging integrated workflows and focus on business simplification. The candidate also defines, develops, publishes and maintains the information management and other processes required to support the IT architecture.
- Certification in Application Architecture
- Developing assets such as enterprise applications and solution integration with focus on performance, scalability, re-use, source control, continuous building/integration
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF, NIST-EA, Zachman; expertise in using industry standard notations for documenting business processes for use in architectural designs.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university with major coursework in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- AND Six (6) or more years of professional experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Technical Architecture, System Development, Business Analysis or Data Architecture
- OR Any satisfactory equivalent combination of ten (10) years or more of education, training, and/or experience relevant to the position.
2. AND Six (6) or more years of professional experience in one or more of the following disciplines: technical architecture, system development, business analysis or data architecture
3. OR Any satisfactory equivalent combination of ten (10) years or more of education, training, and/or experience relevant to the position.
- Certification in Application Architecture
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other equivalent certifications
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), or other equivalent project management certifications
- Business Analysis Professional (BA) certificate
- Two (2) or more years' experience working in an ITIL/ITSM environment
This position is located in Salem, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.