IT Release Manager
Category: Project Management
Location/City: OR - Tualatin
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an IT Release Manager.
- There will be various projects associated with this role. Assignments will be made as requests for release management support comes in. There are 5 other release managers on the team.
- Manage, plan, schedule and control a software deployment through different stages to test and live environments.
- Ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
- Change Management
- Develops implementation plans for complex requests for change.
- Evaluates risks to the integrity of service environment inherent in proposed implementations (including availability, performance, security and compliance of the business services impacted).
- Seeks authority for those activities, reviews the effectiveness of change implementation, and suggests improvement to organizational procedures governing change management.
- Leads the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation of changes based on requests for change.
- Quality Assurance
- Uses quality standards to review past performance and plan future activities.
- Relationship Management
- Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced organization and prioritization skills
- Advanced knowledge of release and deployment frameworks
This position is located in Tualatin, OR (just outside of Portland). Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply