Evidence Coordinator - Data Analyst
Nashville, TN 37243 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an Evidence Coordinator - Data Analyst.
Our client fosters a culture of data and evidence-based policymaking and budgeting that pursues the best outcomes for its customers. With a vision to empower decision making that serves every customer, our client uses data to inform decision makers and ensure they invest in programs that work. They are able to do this by building a better understanding of what they are investing in, the type of evidence associated with those investments, and the ways in which they can enhance its data systems to speak to program implementation and outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Below is a list of responsibilities that—while not comprehensive—provides an overview of the duties of the Evidence Coordinator:
- Maintain existing data dashboards regarding the evidence base for the state budget through an annual refresh process.
- Lead the development of new budget dashboards or views as requested by the deputy director.
- Create and execute a plan to scale up the preparation and execution of processes related to the annual collection of outcome data to update agency program inventories, specifically determining the best way to collect and store the data.
- Develop and document requirements, design, plan and implement new dashboards/views utilizing department outcome and budget data collected through the program inventory process.
- Finalize requirements for a redesign of the public-facing program inventory, develop an action plan and determine resources required, and initiate the redesign (assuming appropriate resources are in place).
- Limited data entry to support the activities above, as needed.
- The Evidence Coordinator will report directly to the Deputy Director of the Office of Evidence and Impact.
Skills and Qualifications
The candidate should have at least a bachelor’s degree with preference toward individuals with a master’s degree and at least two years of work experience.
In addition, the candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Basic skills and experience wrangling data (additional experience with database design preferred).
- Experience engaging with customers to develop project requirements for dashboards (additional UI/UX design experience for other types of work products strongly preferred)
- Experience writing accurate and comprehensive project plans.
- Intermediate skills and experience with data visualization techniques and software, including Tableau.
- Experience writing, interpreting, and applying business rules to data.
- Ability to design and scale excellent operational processes.
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to think strategically, problem-solve, juggle multiple priorities, and remain attentive to details.
- Excellent communications skills, including an ability to communicate with a diverse audience (verbally and in writing) that includes both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Ownership of results, with a standard for excellence
Location is Nashville, Tennessee with Work From Home Flexibility. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.