Salem, OR 97301 | Temporarily remote due to COVID-19 TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an Enterprise Architect.
Our client is modernizing and optimizing their data warehouse environment. The modernized Data Warehouse will better address the needs of data consumers and programs by creating a self-service BI model. To achieve this result, the they have standardized on Microsoft’s Power BI.
To achieve this goal of creating a self-service BI model, they recognize the need address the following areas:
2. Building Analysis Services Tabular models (e.g. DAX queries)
3. Power BI reporting, Power Query and analysis tool design and development
4. SSBI Deployment, Power BI Administration, operations/governance best practices
5. Power BI end user adoption
6. SSBI staff development and mentoring
Scope of work:
- Make DW architecture more agile and accessible
- Create data layers that align with a dimensional model Star Schema; that model reflects the programmatic and business needs. This data layer should be designed (Model-storming and using company’s standard tools such as WhereScape) to be compatible with any data visualization tool, any analytic tool, and have the flexibility to change and adapt to new data sources. In addition, the data layer should be optimized to process mass amounts of data.
- Tabular model design, development, testing and deployment
- Power BI report design, development, testing and deployment
- Lead process in creating a dashboard/visualization strategy
- Power BI and SSBI environment setup and configuration
- Team mentoring
- SSBI adoption and governance strategy
- Improve performance and reliability of hosting
- Assist with assessment of hosted, cloud service and make recommendations on best services.
- Audit existing data systems; models, queries, data quality, security, and suggest a modernization roadmap.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Stack (SSAS, SSRS)
- Proficient with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack and Data Analytics
- Power BI development and administration
- Familiar (experience) and understanding of WhereScape tool/technology
- Proficient in design and fully functional dashboards/reports on MS Power BI
- Proficient and understanding of Power BI Services environment (workspaces, dataflows)
- Experience of conversation of SSRS reports into Power BI Reports and Power BI dashboard
- Develop recommended data modeling standards for consideration; best practices
- Develop recommended user of Power BI standards based on existing platform
In addition, the ideal candidate will have skills and experience in:
- Requirement analysis
- Data Analytics
- WhereScape tool sets
- Power BI
- Power BI Report Builder
- Graphical design
Encompassing all listed skills and experience required/desired, this position will be responsible for building, optimizing, and deploying Power BI data visualization dashboards and reports.
Qualifications include extensive hands-on experience in Power BI, including dimensional modeling, report layout/design and development, deep expertise in Data Analysis Expressions (DAX), working with on-premises EDW and SSAS, and extensive RLS knowledge and deep understanding of the Power BI Service.
This position is located in Salem, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.