Data Specialist (EHR Support Analyst)
Salem, OR 97301 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Data Specialist - EHR Support Analyst.
- Perform tasks in the development, implementation, and ongoing support of an Electronic Health Record.
- Will assist implementation team with project tasks and processes that are complex and of significant operational impact.
- Work may include working with internal and external customers to translate and document business and operational requirements; may develop EHR application reports as needed, conduct business and work process analyses, analyze data requirements and reporting needs and work with IT Support team to implement solutions to meet requirements; and participate in system testing and requirements verification to ensure conformance with system specifications.
- Work under the general supervision of the Administrative Services Division Director or designee, whom reviews work for conformance to established policy and procedures.
- Receive work assignments and guidance from the Data Specialist Senior or assigned lead from the HITS Team.
- Supervision of other employees is not a responsibility of positions in this classification. However, the incumbent may lead or coordinate the work of contracted staff, professional, finance, information technology and administrative support staff participating in large scale or system applications and processes.
- Triage and direct service requests as required to various stakeholders to resolve issues within various workflows and/or processes within the system.
- Assist with capturing reporting requests, assist with defining report requirements, and validate reporting results. May develop EHR application reports as needed.
- Promote system security and patient confidentiality and help ensure compliance.
- Coordinate role management for users based on credentials, classification, role, and user training module (workflow) completion.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed specifications, flow charts, diagrams, and other documentation to inform developments and process changes.
- Participate and occasionally facilitate the department’s development resource team meetings and projects as assigned.
- Serve on project teams for facility-based implementations of IT and EHR application software releases, updates, and new products. Work with the EHR Support Team to lead, facilitate, monitor, and assist with new module/application testing and implementation.
- Provide input to develop program policies and procedures, training, and best practices for use within the department
- Serve as a key onsite Health IT resource for Electronic Health Record implementation and on-going support of Electronic Health Record and related applications.
- Work with program subject matter experts and the IT Service Desk in managing resolution of EHR/ Clinical application incidents and requests as directed.
- May occasionally provide additional assistance to Support Specialists to handle EHR service tickets and user requests.
- Help to develop and maintain system dictionaries, glossaries, user lists, and other supporting documentation for health IT systems and applications.
- Provide second level support as a broad business process subject matter expert to resolve incidents or fulfill requests received from various sources, which may involve working with users to identify and recreate incidents and issues to assist with problem identification and solution development.
- Work with Assigned Data Analytics Staff to support Department Data Analytics efforts. This includes identifying and defining data fields, ensuring useful information going into and out of the EHR management systems and other applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Best practices in project management; change management procedures and the application of those procedures to the project management process
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems; report writing methods and techniques; principles, practices, methods, and techniques of quality assurance and secure business processes; business process analysis, mapping, workflows and supporting tools, and metrics; and policies, principles and practices of public administration and the government environment.
Skill and ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; prepare and deliver written and oral presentations
- Organize and manage planning and execution of projects affecting multiple systems
- Conduct process analysis, use consultation and customer management techniques, use problem-solving methods, conceptualize ideas and theories, and actualize concepts
- Develop context diagrams and enterprise business models
- Effectively use data management and reporting tools and techniques
- Be self-directed, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Articulate concepts to staff, partners, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Candidates with data management and reporting techniques, tools, and solutions using MS Office Tools, MS Project, MS SharePoint Collaboration sites, and/ or Electronic Health Records Management Systems
- Candidates with Information Technology systems project experience.
This position is located in Salem, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.