Data Governance Consultant
Nashville, TN 37243 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Data Governance Consultant.
- This individual will provide essential support in ensuring that the Data Governance Program is operating consistently, efficiently, and effectively as well as moving forward with meeting key business objectives.
- The Data Governance Consultant will support the Manager of Data Governance in coordinating with data stewards across the department to resolve critical data governance issues and to establish and implement new data policies, procedures, and standards.
- This individual will take on administrative responsibility for managing the day-to-day activities of the program and provide additional program support and data governance expertise.
- Support the Manager of Data Governance in preparing and facilitating the various recurring meetings within the program. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting meeting agendas
- Keeping track of attendance among members and taking notes during meetings
- Presenting to Data Governance Council as needed
- Serve as working group leader by facilitating working group discussions on resolving critical data issues identified and approved by the Data Governance Council, keeping track of next steps, and coordinating the work of the group to ensure resolution of issue by established timeline
- Gather and share recommendations on best practices for improving data usage, security, and quality across the department
- Collaborate with external vendor to conduct an in-depth and comprehensive inventory of essential data assets of the department
- Collaborate with the department’s IT division and data stewards to investigate data quality issues within state data systems and present findings to the Data Governance Council and Steering Committee as needed.
- Take the lead in drafting the following data governance resources by working with data stewards across the department:
- Template data manual/business rules documentation
- Training materials for data stewards
- Support the Manager of Data Governance in developing department-wide communication materials
- Assist with metadata management by providing support with documenting technical data lineage as well as data quality profiling
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience with data governance principles, related best practices, and data management standards or practices
- Proficient in producing summary statistics and visualizations using R, Python, and/or Stata
- Proficient in SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and manage against coherent project plans and work plans
- Detail orientated
- Ability to build strong relationships, lead meetings, and influence stakeholders
- Familiarity with data models and reference data architecture
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, data science, statistics, and/or related field or comparable experience and education is required.
- Experience in data governance is a plus.
Location is Nashville, Tennessee with Work From Home Flexibility. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.