Continuous Improvement Specialist
Portland, OR 97202
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist.
The position is responsible for leading process improvement projects for engineering, project management, operations and support within an electric utility. This role will conduct/lead multiple continuous improvement projects.
Planning and Analysis:
- Meet with supervisors and managers.
- Analyze business needs and identify potential cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Scope potential initiatives to forecast the anticipated benefits and resource needs of each. Prioritize needs.
- Develop departmental continuous improvement plan and collaborate with other departments to determine resource constraints and points of overlap.
- Negotiate for resources.
- Maintain repository and roadmap of continuous improvement activities.
- Decide which stakeholders to engage and how.
- Work with a team of approx. 18
- Plan and implement improvement initiatives.
- Identify goals aligned to strategic objectives.
- Develop project plans, success metrics and acceptance criteria.
- May assign work to others and monitor for completion.
- Decide when project meets acceptance criteria.
- Identify risks and notify project sponsors.
- Identify and implement risk mitigation.
- Recommend mitigation strategies and escalate issues.
- Develop overall communication and change management strategy.
- Implement or oversee implementation of communication plans.
- Provide timely, accurate status reports.
- May design and deliver reports, proposals, presentations and/or supporting materials.
- Assess impacts of changes to process, technology, organization structure and policy in connection with midsize to moderately complex projects and strategic initiatives and in consultation with officers, managers, supervisors and individual contributors.
- Evaluate effectiveness of change efforts.
- May design, implement and maintain file architecture system.
- Archive and organize or oversee the archive and organization of all project documentation.
- Facilitate lessons-learned discussions and document information for future projects.
- Ensure document retention complies with appropriate regulations when applicable.
- 5 years or more experience in leading lean process improvement work
- Continuous Improvement
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Lean Six Sigma trained (i.e. Green Belt, Black Belt, or Master Black Belt)
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt
- Advanced knowledge of project management, change management and/or process improvement methodologies and standards
- Intermediate knowledge of and skill in using software applications used in department
- Advanced knowledge of business process re-engineering and continuous improvement methods and concepts
- Intermediate knowledge of systems-thinking concepts and principles
- Intermediate knowledge of group problem-solving methods and techniques, including problem analysis, nominal group and brainstorming techniques and consensus building
- Intermediate knowledge of process improvement methodologies and the application of human factors
- Intermediate skills in strategic thinking in order to understand where the organization is, where it wants to be and how to get there
- Working consulting skills
- Intermediate analytical thinking skills
- Advanced process improvement skills
- Intermediate business acumen
- Intermediate change leadership skills
- Intermediate organization and prioritization skills
- Intermediate presentation and facilitation skills
- Intermediate conflict management skills
- Intermediate decision-making skills
- Intermediate enterprise/business awareness skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Intermediate risk management skills
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills
- Advanced organization and prioritization skills
- Five or more years in project management, change management, consulting or a related field
- Lean Process Improvement
- Project/Change Management
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.