Compliance Technical Writer
Tualatin, OR 97062 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Compliance Technical Writer.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify process document needs.
- Research and analyze regulations, policies and other requirements and apply to standards and processes.
- Work with stakeholders to research processes and determine how best to document.
- Create, and publish specifications, standards, work practices and procedural documentation with established deadlines.
- Determine best way to ensure documents meet corporate style guide requirements.
- Maintain content on various channels.
- Provide Technical Writing, Standards or Procedures Consultation, and Document Control
A high-level overview of your team, its initiatives/deliverables, and any tool/technologies specific to your team/department/project they will be supporting:
- Documentation of Procedures for Risk Management compliance that have gaps.
- Size of the team is 4 but you will be working with the Power Operation team, Electric and Gas trading group, and IT
- 5 or more years of experience preferred; 2 or more years in technical writing, corporate communications with a technical element or related field.
- Experience or education in a technical field a plus
- Advanced skills in written communications; Intermediate knowledge of principles and practices in communication; grammar, spelling, and style; processes and procedures in area assigned:
- Ability to adhere to set response times, deadlines, and time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Ability to consistently meet attendance standards for regular, reliable, predictable, full-time attendance
- Utilities experience is preferable
What type of Soft Skills are needed to fit with the team culture and project?
- Willing to work in collaborative environment, whiteboarding and working,
- Need to be a self-start and ask lots of questions for clarification and be able to speak up.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, journalism or other related field or equivalent experience
This position is located in Location is Tualatin, Oregon with Work From Home Flexibility. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.