Cloud Infrastructure Architect - Architect / Networking
Nashville, TN 37243 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Architect.
Job Overview Summary:
- The Cloud Infrastructure Architect Systems will serve as a cloud subject matter expert and trusted advisor providing technical support and architectural guidance to leadership, business partners, and internal teams.
- The Information Systems department is responsible for providing high availability, performance, and support to the timely coordination and provision of health care services.
- The Cloud Infrastructure Architect is responsible for advanced technology architecture, engineering, and administration.
- This role oversees all system-related activities including the delivery of comprehensive strategies that enable infrastructure transformation, defining policy, managing priorities, infrastructure provisioning, managing budget, and ensuring that service delivery is on time, on budget, and of maximum quality.
- The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will accommodate the design, development, implementation, and delivery of critical services necessary to support the most vulnerable citizens.
- The Cloud Infrastructure Architect will be overseeing and be responsible for validating the program activities, ensuring the operational requirements are adhered to, as well as being a subject matter expert for cloud infrastructure-related items along with and understanding of networking and firewall rules.
- Define enterprise (Public, Private and Hybrid) cloud strategies for cloud adoption, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring.
- Understand networking and IP ports.
- Understand the architecture of on-prem to cloud moves.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Work on cloud solutions across a diverse range of projects, which can include application development, identity/access management, network, and data management.
- Engage and manage stakeholders for the purposes of gathering feedback and offering guidance.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Identify dependencies and common infrastructure components, assess migration feasibility, and develop a migration roadmap.
- Offer guidance in techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud, and deployment of Greenfield and Brownfield applications to cloud environments.
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation.
- Effectively manage day-to-day activities across multiple projects.
- Strong ability to see the 'big picture' and able to implement strategies that align for success in meeting department goals.
- Foster collaboration with vendors, technical teams, and business customers by listening to concerns and needs. With this understanding, as well as the department environment (architectural, political, structural), research and propose more cost-effective, efficient, and maintainable new solutions and approaches to business and technical problems.
- Analyze existing practices and technologies to isolate areas ripe for improvement or enhancement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 7+ years' experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Comprehensive experience with at least one of: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP Cloud products and architecture/delivery of solutions in this space.
- At least one large migration project (At least started though they may be in-progress).
- Experience in a broad set of technologies related to applications and IT infrastructure
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Experience with vendor management.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Substitution of experience for education: Experience equivalent to fifteen (15) or more years of qualifying professional experience in positions associated with designing/architecting IT solutions or systems, designing and/or implementing Cloud Infrastructure, managing IT projects, managing Cloud Infrastructure, and managing teams.
- Great communication skills and able to manage multiple projects and team Implemented solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Private Cloud and/or Azure Cloud as well as other cloud solutions.
Location is Nashville, Tennessee with Work From Home Flexibility. Consultants must reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.