Category: IT/Software Development
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a COBOL Programmer.
Our client is preparing changes to downstream applications that pull data from Legacy Z-System Mainframes. They are looking to engage a COBOL, z-System Developer to modify integration and develop code, as needed.Our client prefers local candidates, already living in Oregon, and requires both a criminal background check and a drug screening be passed prior to employment.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. (COBOL)
- Make code changes, test components using COBOL/DB2 and Managed File Transfer using Move IT.
- Conduct unit and system testing and provide support for user acceptance testing.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- -Requirements gathering, documentation, and presentation of project framework, proposed changes, and milestone dates.
- Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of enterprise level, software development.
- Expert understanding of COBOL and DB2.
- 4 years or more of experience with z-System Mainframes.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- All candidates must be able to pass a full panel drug screening and criminal background check.
- *All candidates must be presently authorized to work in the State of Oregon.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply