Category: IT/Software Engineering
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a COBOL Programmer.
THIS IS AN ONSITE PART TIME ENGAGEMENT. SCHEDULE WILL BE NEGOTIATED IF SELECTED.
The primary tasks the contractor will perform are as follows:
- Analyze and document the various License Issuance system/application components, processes, databases that are impacted.
- Collaborate with business customers about their needs, requirements, and recommend design solution alternatives to the DLIR project team.
- Make code changes, test components using COBOL/DB2 and Managed File Transfer using Move IT.
- Conduct unit and system testing and provide support for user acceptance testing.
- Provide support for pilot and Statewide rollout out of the DL/ID system with respect to data conversion from old to the new system.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff.
- Requires 5 years or more of experience
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated capability to interact with customers, clearly understand customer needs and document those needs.
- Understand System Development Lifecycle methodology. Specifically Requirements Management, Data Management, Functional Specification writing, all forms of testing procedures, and end user training delivery.
- Has experience with requirements management and perform analysis within source code if needed.
- Must have experience working with MoveIT, Infoshphere Data Stage for data conversion and DL/ID system related changes.
- Must have experience working on DL/ID systems that have components running different technology platforms, Mainframe, Windows and Linux.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Bachelor's degree.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply