Business Continuity Consultant
Category: Project Management
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Business Continuity Consultant.
- Facilitates business continuity risk and impact assessment and analysis work, which includes performance of business impact assessment sessions/interviews with company personnel, as well as data analysis and reporting. Helps establish enterprise-wide business continuity strategies and initiatives based on business risk and impact analysis results. Candidates should have at least 4 years professional experience with Business Impact Analysis or comparable project work that reaches across the breadth of organization.
- Previous experience working in a team environment related to the implementation of business risk and impact analysis projects and program work.
- Extensive experience in performing client engagement work for business impact assessment, analysis and continuity planning.
- Possesses expert knowledge of principles, procedures, regulations and techniques of business continuity analysis and planning.
- Previous experience conducting detailed assessments and analysis work on business risk and impact data and developed technical reports that identify gaps and recommendations.
- Understands the relationship between business impact analysis work and continuity plan development. Has developed and facilitated the development of business continuity plans based on business impact analysis information.
- Understands the relationship between business continuity and IT disaster recovery programs and has worked with IT disaster recovery to ensure integration of impacts analysis information with plan development (IT/DR and BCP).
- Provides facilitation of the design, development, implementation and updating of business continuity, emergency management, and tactical plans across the entire company and to ensure those plans are integrated, coordinated and meet regulatory, industry and compliance standards.
- Supports continuity risk and impact assessments. Coordinate equipment, exercise and training needs to ensure effective and efficient implementation of company operations during emergency events including coordination of the readiness of the Emergency Operations Center and back up site(s).
- Working knowledge of the Incident Command Structure (ICS), NIMS and related emergency management and business continuity response standards and procedures
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities, required to perform the job. Optimum knowledge and ability would be:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years' experience in managing enterprise wide planning, special project management.
- A combination of a background in business continuity, emergency management, communications, and program management is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of planning, project and program planning and change management methodology.
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, regulations and techniques of business continuity, emergency management and disaster response.
- Ability to develop partnerships and build consensus between a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders and organizations.
- Working knowledge of company practices, procedures, policies and regulatory requirements.
- Experience reviewing, evaluating and analyzing policies, reports, and technical information.
- Experience with best practices, process improvement, and performance measurement techniques.
- Leadership, and supervisory experience.
- Excellent computer skills including use of work processing, spreadsheet, project mapping and graphics presentation applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in group facilitation and team coordination.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills to convey complex information and issues to groups of varying backgrounds and disciplines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals and groups regarding complex or sensitive issues or regulations.
- Conducts activities in an ethical, professional and efficient manner respecting the confidentiality of vital records and sensitive personnel information.
- Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Supports the development company wide of business units continuity plans, including monitoring and reporting of performance against company and industry standards and regulations. Reviews assigned response and business continuity plans for adequate protection of company assets (employees, operating facilities, building, equipment etc.) and ensures those plans are kept current. Manage, participate in, and evaluate business unit and companywide emergency exercises to insure that proper levels of preparedness are maintained; Supports the development of, and facilitates internal drills and tabletop exercises for all corporate business continuity and emergency plans. (55%)
- Supports corporate business continuity, emergency management and security functions so as to meet regulatory requirements, best practices, laws, rules, compliance with industry standards. Plans, develops and coordinates corporate incident response and crisis management teams; identifies and trains emergency response work unit delegates. (20%)
- Assists and facilitates business continuity risk and business impact analysis. (10%)
- Develops and oversees other business continuity, emergency management planning services. (10%)
- Encourages a culture of business continuity awareness through education training and exercises for company employees.
- Assists in the development of department annual work plan, budget and scorecard.
- Makes recommendations regarding new systems and technology for emergency response, planning and recovery.
- Actively participates in regional interdependencies. (5%)
- Develops and makes recommendations on problem solving, issue identification and resolution to managers to protect the company from risk and damage during a major disaster event.
- Coordinates with federal, state and local emergency operations response and public safety personnel and other business continuity professionals for emergency planning purposes.
- Interprets and applies industry guidelines, standards and regulations to suggest company resilience training needs.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with team members, department staff, and management.
- Direct and effective communication and negotiation to interface with company's departmental disciplines at varying levels to ensure intended results are met.
- Recommend systems and procedures, at business unit level.
- All managers, staff, contractors and government entities to suggest operational readiness and direction
- Effective persuasive communications to elicit information, resolve problems, negotiate solutions and garner support of various company programs and policies.
- Highly skilled at conveying complex and life-saving information to diverse audiences.
- Strong leadership and team building skills to serve as the key company liaison to other companies, industry partners, local jurisdictions and state, federal and private agencies during emergency situations.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply