Category: IT/Business Analysis
Location/City: OR - Tualatin
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Business Analyst.
- Designs, supports and implements short and long-term strategies, solutions, and customer support to information technology (IT) needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and infrastructure.
- Acts as a liaison between IT and the business to elicit, document, analyze and validate requirements for new systems and enhancement of existing systems.
- Analyzes business processes/problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Identifies gaps and provides expertise in business requirements for system specifications and scales new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost-effective manner.
- Serve as a liaison between business and IT stakeholders.
- Understand the operations, goals and challenges of client's organization and may recommend solutions for small projects or enhancements.
- Work within teams of IT professionals to maintain and support IT applications critical to the success of the company.
- Utilize techniques to elicit, document, manage and analyze requirements and processes as well as develop solid relationships with peers and clients.
- Meet or exceed internal audit, corporate governance and business ethics requirements.
- Effectively embrace working with other teams bridging communication, behavioral and cultural gaps in teams and others.
- Make decisions to stop any activities within a project that may jeopardize code quality and/or incur technical debt; Work with application teams, Project Managers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners to ensure the project and / or stories are meeting quality standards.
- Discuss existing and new products, resolve problems and report adherence to maintenance and installation contracts.
- Present recommendations for use and improvement of software delivery and software engineering practices. Implement systems, provide expertise and provide ad hoc reports
- Exchange information, provide expertise and stay current on and contribute to new trends and developments in software delivery and software engineering
- VersionOne story and epic writing
- Product backlog management visualize and help to manage CS team workflow
- Create story tags to group stories for efficient searching
- Interpret email threads and proactively interject for the team with new stories, details
- Preparation and work tracking key contributor during some or all of the following team cadences: Story Time, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Product Demos, Daily Stand Up
- Considerable problem-solving ability with skills using tools such as root cause analysis
- Create, maintain and manage team On Call rotations; may also assist with scheduling
- ICD and ALM work tracking, submissions and management
- Schedule and facilitate story requirements gathering working with other IT and business groups
- Intermittent small project management
- Raise new stories and work requests at Story Time and/or Stand Ups
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Active member and participation in Business Analyst Community of Practice
- 1 or more programming languages, Database knowledge, development methodology knowledge
- Typically possess a bachelor's degree in a business discipline and 8+ years of related experience
- Be comfortable working in chaotic environments without clear guidelines navigating through uncertainty
- Have a positive, high energy, supportive attitude that motivates and inspires others
- Comprehensive knowledge of business/scientific principles and concepts in a specialty area. Recognized as an expert in a field of specialization or recognized for broad business/engineering knowledge and expertise
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable statutes, policies, rules, regulations and codes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to problems
- Broad perspective of utility business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent human relations skills
- Be a Guardian of quality
- Oracle Database
- Systems Architecture
- MS Project, Power Point, Visio & Excel
- Technical Writing
- Business Analysis with technical background
- MS Project
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply