Tualatin, OR 97062 | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Business Analyst.
As a Business Analyst for Digital channels, you will be a part of a diverse and collaborative scrum team. You will partner with the Product Owner, other Business Analysts, and subject matter experts to develop requirements and user stories for your scrum team. You will be working on projects delivering personalized customer experiences on our digital channels.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organization change.
- Applies and monitors the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods, and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required.
- Obtains formal agreement from a large and diverse range of potentially senior stakeholders and recipients to the scope and requirements, plus the establishment of a baseline on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to program scope.
- Identifies the impact on business requirements of external impacts affecting a program or project.
- Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
- Use of Jira to create user stories and manage product backlogs.
- Analyzes business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components.
- Evaluates the financial, cultural, technological, organizational, and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change program.
- Establishes client requirements for the implementation of significant changes in organizational mission, business functions and process, organizational roles and responsibilities, and scope or nature of service delivery.
- Identifies specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured and plans to activate these mechanisms at the required time.
- Monitors benefits against what was predicted in the business case and ensures that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change program and fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place.
- Supports senior management to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and leads activities required in the realization of the benefits of each part of the change program.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years’ experience with business analysis
- 5+ years working in a true agile software development environment - with deep knowledge of techniques and processes and Agile toolsets such as Jira
- Experienced in working on web/mobile applications
- Experienced in assessing business process and system inefficiencies
- Experienced in behavioral and test-driven development
- Experienced in SQL
- Preferred experience with data mapping
- Preferred familiarity with React or AWS services
- Preferred experienced in using various tools such as Version1, MS Project, Visio, Mind mapper etc.
- Preferred experience in utility domain
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design.
- Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Certified Business Analysis Professional CBAP certification preferred
This position is located in Portland, OR. Work from Home Flexibility. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, please do not apply if you are not eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.