Mesquite, TX | Direct Hire
Location/City: TX - Mesquite
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Traffic Engineer.
Meridian Group Technology has a great opportunity for a Traffic Engineer with our client in Mesquite, TX.
This is a full time direct hire position. Client is unable to sponsor a visa at this time. Please, no CTC or contract inquiries.
Under general supervision by the Manager of Traffic Engineering and Street Lighting, the successful candidate will:
- Perform traffic signal warrant studies, design traffic signals, and prepare traffic signal plans, specifications, estimates.
- Manage the Traffic Management Center and traffic signal fiber optic system to ensure traffic signal progression and coordination.
- Manage the traffic signal progression system based on TACTICS Central System software.
- Prepare signage and pavement marking plans.
- Perform speed studies and traffic impact analyses.
- Review requests for driveway access, studies, analyses, and design plans prepared by others for compliance with accepted traffic engineering principles and standards as well as city Code.
- Provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Manager of Traffic Engineering and Street Lighting.
- General supervision is provided by the Manager of Traffic Engineering and Street Lighting. Responsible for supervision of the Graduate Traffic Engineer position as directed by the Manager of Traffic Engineering and Street Lighting.
- All behaviors comply with the Code of Conduct & Rules of Behavior outlined in chapter 8 of the General Government Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in attendance policies and procedures.
- Must be able to effectively read and comprehend engineering plans and specifications, analyze complex tPTOEraffic engineering problems, formulate feasible solutions, build consensus, and communicate recommendations and decisions that comply with city code and policy both orally and in writing.
- Design traffic signals to include incorporation of Siemens M 60 type Traffic Signal Controllers and connection to the city's Traffic Management Center via fiber optic or wireless technology; prepare signage and pavement marking plans; coordinate, review, and comment on the design plans and traffic impact analyses of others; recommend adjustments as necessary.
- Prepare signal warrant, speed zone, and other traffic studies per the current TMUTCD.
- Analyze traffic volumes and turning movements at signalized intersections and use the information to create/revise traffic signal timing plans to ensure traffic signal progression, safe and efficient movement of vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians within the city.
- Prepare bid specifications for equipment and supply purchases and construction projects in according with city purchasing procedures and policy.
- Provide technical training to Traffic Engineering Division personnel.
- Identify and evaluate new traffic management technologies for application within the city.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Assist the Manager of Traffic Engineering and Street Lighting with annual operations budget.
- Assist the Manger of Traffic Engineering and Street Lighting in processing payments to vendors through the Performance Accounting System.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in traffic or transportation engineering or other closely related field.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience as an engineer engaged in traffic engineering, efficient signal progression, traffic signal design and operations.
- Possession of a Master's Degree in a traffic or transportation related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one (1) year of traffic engineering experience.
- Possession of an active certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer, with specialization in the field of civil engineering with a focus on transportation, issued by the Texas Board of Registration of Professional Engineers; or possession of similar registration issued by another state, with the condition that the successful applicant obtain an active certificate of registration as a Professional Engineer, with specialization in the field of civil engineering, issued by the Texas Board of Registration for Professional Engineers within twelve months of employment as a condition of continued employment.
- Possession of an active certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Brandon Newsom at bnewsom@meridiangroup.Com
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply