Salem, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Software Testing
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Test Engineer.
The IE Legacy Project requires testing resources to lead and assist testing of legacy applications, interfaces with the vendor applications, and business processes. This position will require experience with older technologies, like mainframe programming, and with newer technologies, like application programming - Java, ColdFusion, .Net, etc., to assist current state resources. Expert level experience needed to propose, develop and integrate test plans, tools and techniques.
- Proposing, developing and integrating test methods, tools, techniques and procedures for the legacy applications and interfaces with the IE Legacy Project.
- This role will assist in establishing and maturing testing best practices that support the effective implementation and maturation of the testing process within the OIS software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Assist in the development of project test strategies and test plans that guide test analysis, design, development, execution (both manual and automated), coverage analysis, defect management and reporting for assigned projects.
- Interact with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions.
- Assist in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Analyze test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Required skills will be the candidate's proficiency with testing tools - HP ALM, UFT, Microsoft TFS, JIRA, etc.
- Some minimal level of COBOL, .Net and other technologies is desired.
- Requires a bachelor's degree and eight years or more of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply