Flower Mound, TX | Contract-to-Hire
Category: IT/Technical Writing
Location/City: TX - Flower Mound
Job Type: Contract-to-Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Technical Writer.
Meridian Technology Group has a great opportunity for a Technical Writer. This is a 3-6 month contract to hire with our client in Flower Mound, TX.
All applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration.
As Technical Writer, you will be accountable for timely development of Technical documentation. The work will be on projects of moderate to complex scope using an array of software tools. A big part of your job will be collaborating with managers and other stakeholders to understand details and translate that understanding into action-oriented content.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- The Technical Writer position with the C&C team is an integral part of the Engineering Team. This individual will work closely with all Engineering Departments in regard to understanding the scope and specifications of the equipment in order to create the required documents and manuals.
- Support FDS (Functional Design Specification) document development by acquiring equipment knowledge and process flow while working directly with Project Engineering Group and Controls Engineering Group
- Gather the required information for each Manual by interfacing with the Engineering Manager or designated Engineering Contact
- Using the Established Manual Template, generate the technical support documents required
- Occasionally travel to manufacturing locations, typically with the Development Engineers, to get a first-hand perspective of the equipment under development
- Interface and coordinate with many different groups, to include:
- Research and Development and Design Engineers while equipment is under development
- Development Engineers when discussing the application of new design concepts
- Project Managers to help answer questions during the manufacturing and installation phases
- Proficiently utilize several different software programs, to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Madcap Flare and PowerPoint for general daily activities
- 2-year Associates of Applied Science degree with an emphasis in Technical Writing
- 4-year Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technical Writing engineering-related field, or
- Can demonstrate equivalent knowledge in this type of field from prolonged experience and/or study
- Basic level of skill using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to schedule, organize, and prioritize assigned tasks
- Ability to meet specified deadlines for assigned tasks
- Learn technical requirements and characteristics of client's various product lines
- Demonstrate reliable and self-directed work habits
- Ability to learn new skills, seek new assignments, and assume new responsibilities as needed
- Demonstrate proper judgment and decision-making skills, both technically and professionally. Identify opportunities and propose ideas for improving our processes
- Effectively communicate with diverse individuals and groups, both internal and external
- Use various methods of communication (written/email, phone, and face-to-face), and choose the most effective for each situation
Additional desirable skills / qualifications / attributes:
- Advanced skills in Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.), Word, and/or PowerPoint
- Multilingual (Spanish, French, or any other)
- Travel 15% (approximately one trip per month)
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Brandon Newsom at bnewsom@meridiangroup.Com
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply