Salem, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Systems Analysis
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Systems Engineer.
- Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization's systems infrastructure.
- Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software.
- Monitors the performance of systems.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and at least 6 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Analyze the Enterprise messaging system (Exchange 2010), configurations, processes, databases and document the AS-IS and TO-BE states for migration to Office 365.
- Collaborate with Information Systems Branch regarding customer's needs, requirements, and recommend design solution alternatives to IT and Enterprise Technology Leadership.
- Provide guidance on best practices and experience based migration task lists.
- Provide Enterprise Technology staff with knowledge transfer on recommended solutions.
- This engagement primarily would focus on Exchange online migration project.
Project Management support to be supplied by Enterprise Technology.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience in migrating Exchange email systems to Office 365 Exchange online
- Expert understanding of the capabilities of O365 Exchange Online and be able to guide technical staff to make the best decisions in provision O365.
- Ability to break the migration down to tasks to be assigned to staff that build the service in the proper sequence while limiting risk to the Enterprise service.
- Ability to transfer knowledge of the design and additional requirements to staff.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply