Substation Design Engineer
Portland, OR | maxhire
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Substation Design Engineer.
This is a great opportunity for a Technically Qualified Substation Design Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Develop engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Company's generation, transmission, distribution, telecommunication, or other utility facilities/systems.
- Analyze the system design, programming, and modification.
- Develop moderately complex studies of limited scope and prepare data for cost estimations and analyses.
- Run equipment and performance tests and install and inspect new equipment.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure adherence to engineering standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- MUST have Substation Design Engineer experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply