Software Test Engineer
Hawthorne, CA | Contract
Category: IT/Software Testing
Location/City: CA - Hawthorne
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Software Test Engineer.
Due to ITAR requirements, only US Citizens or Green Card holders are eligible for consideration. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are NOT eligible for consideration.
Our client was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today they are actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Develop, execute, and maintain test plans and test code for test systems
- Analyze test results and bugs that require in-depth investigations
- Hands-on integration and troubleshooting of flight hardware/software systems
- Write Verification Test Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports against product requirements
- Expert with test equipment and measurement techniques to verify and validate product requirements
- Understanding of electrical schematics and electronics manufacturing to analyze and improve test coverage
- Work closely with Responsible Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Production Test Labs to ensure a testable product is being developed and influence design to increase product reliability and test coverage. Make recommendations for design, process improvements, and data collection
- Create automation software to interact with ATEs, Unit Under Test, instrumentation, and production systems to implement test plan in a fast moving production environment
- Root-cause analysis of test failures and communicating recommended actions
- Develop modular, reusable test architectures for manufacturing test and engineering design verification
- Define and implement project plans, manage milestones and hold reviews to assure reliable test systems are delivered to production
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical degree required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Electronics Test Engineering development test architectures
- Experience with Python, LabVIEW, LabVIEW RT, and LabVIEW FPGA
- Understanding of metrology, sources of measurement error, and uncertainty analysis
- Familiarity with National Instruments platforms including DAQmx, TestStand, PXI, and RIO
- Extensive understanding of instrumentation, interfaces and sensors including DMMs, DAQ, PowerSupplies, Oscilloscopes, DIO, GPIB, USB, Serial-422, VISA, UDP, GigE, SPI, switch technologies and topologies, accelerometers, RTDs, thermocouples, and 4-20mA sensors
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Working long hours and weekends as required
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Email resume now or contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply