Senior Systems Analyst
Salem, OR | Contract
Category: IT/Business Intelligence
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Senior Systems Analyst.
Description of Need:
- The company has adopted Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Power BI as standard enterprise reporting and data analytic software products. These products have been vetted and established within the technical infrastructure. These software products require Policies, Standards, Processes, and Procedures (PSPP), and training to be properly supported to ensure best practices.
- The company established the Business Intelligence Data Warehouse (BI/DW) program in 2005. The company adopted the BI/DW platform of SQL Server products as the standard for reporting and data analytics. Currently SSRS and Power BI are the latest manifestation of those products. With the use of these products comes the responsibility to operationalize the PSPP and training to reinforce best practices across the company.
The use of SSRS and Power BI requires technical administration, i.E., proper technical security, installation testing and verification, operational support, and monitoring SQL reporting server operations. The PSPP and training are still in their infancy stage and no formal structure has been defined. The purpose of this contract is to obtain the services of a Senior Systems Analyst to research, analyze, document, and train personnel on the proper use of SSRS and Power BI.
- The Senior Systems Analyst named shall have skills, experience and proficiency with the following:
- Provide strong analysis and oral communication skills.
- Define and document the reporting system requirements based on the business needs from multiple stakeholders that have different objectives.
- Design and document PSPP and training materials for operational use based on the defined system requirements.
- Conduct training events in a variety of methods (remote support or onsite) to train personnel on established and approved reporting and data analytic best practices.
- Provide technical expertise for requests regarding use of SSRS and Power BI.
- Consult with Database Administrator(s), BI/DW personnel, and Enterprise Technology staff to ensure the best practices are in alignment with the technology architecture.
- Provide input to the implementation of any future upgrades of the SSRS and Power BI products and accordingly update PSPP documentation.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply