Salem, OR | Contract
Category: Project Management
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Project Manager.
Our client's Information Systems Branch (ISB) is in need of an IS Project Manager to provide senior-level project management expertise and leadership for the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) program. The ITS program is responsible for public facing systems. The ITS program supports Traveler Information Systems, Incident Management Systems and Traffic Management Systems. In addition, ITS is responsible for many internal mission critical systems that interact with roadside devices such as video cameras, digital freeway signs, ramp meters, and more. Operations staff use these systems to communicate weather, incident and other event information with both the public and regional emergency responders.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide project management of software development projects for the ITS program. The person in this position is responsible for leading and coordinating staff and contractors through an established Software Development Life Cycle. These projects vary in size from small (less than 6 months) to large (greater than 12 months) either implementing enhancements or new systems.
- Perform project management activities for software development projects, leading Analysts, Developers and DBAs.
- Meet with the customers, partners, and stakeholders to evaluate, understand, document and communicate customer's needs.
- Develop resources, cost, and time estimates for accomplishing the customer's computer needs. Develop project plans.
- Organize material so that the information necessary for customer understanding and for systems analysis and programmer work are clearly communicated.
- Review and approve project deliverables through all phases of a project.
- Collaborate with project team to identify the tasks and activities to be performed and create a work breakdown structure / schedule.
- Work with system manager to define, track, and manage project scope, deliverables, and implementation.
- Coordinate with other agencies, sections, and partners in project planning and implementation efforts.
- Meet with customers to communicate and recommend alternatives, facilitating and negotiating an action plan for providing customers with computing needs.
- Lead project teams that are focused on analyzing business requirements relative to technology solutions, identifying appropriate technology, managing the projects to deploy that technology, selecting and managing technology and personal services vendors to help meet business goals.
- Participate and lead development meetings to assess progress and mitigate issues.
- Document decision logs pertaining to design alternatives and scope related decision points with the customer.
- Ensures that project team follows existing standards establishes new data standards as needed.
- Oversee software architecture and design meetings; assist technical leads in assembling presentations to communicate architecture with I.T. And business stakeholder groups.
- Ensure technical design deliverables are being produced in conjunction with the design efforts.
- Five years of professional consultative, technical, or administrative experience providing expert advice and leadership in planning, development, coordination, and implementation of information systems. Experience must include activities in software, hardware and data.
- at least 30 quarter (20 semester) credits in computer science;
- Two more years of experience providing a knowledge of information systems theory and principles.
Examples of experience providing a knowledge of information systems theory and principles are: Providing technical consultation and advice to managers, technical and professional IS staff, and system users in planning, analyzing, developing, and implementing the operation, maintenance, installation, modification, and construction of information systems; OR Working with vendors and contracted personnel to assess new technology, provide oversight, exchange information, and solve problems.
- Project Management experience focused on leading software development projects, working with Analysts, Testers, Developers and DBAs.
- Experience in a formal information technology project management role, responsible for the work planning, task assignments, coordination, status reporting, and issue escalation/resolution with project sponsor or steering committee.
- Demonstrated experience in authoring project management deliverables such as a scope statement, project charter, work breakdown structure and scheduling tools like MS Project.
- A clear understanding of the relationship between the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) phases of application development, and the standard project activities (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing).
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply