Project Controls Specialist
Portland, OR | maxhire
Category: Project Management
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Project Controls Specialist.
- This position will support project controls on a hydro construction project.
- Develop, implement, maintain and enhance project controls for the company's large power generation projects.
- Implement these controls effectively and in an economical manner to achieve the desired outcome.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate, communicate and interact with various departments and groups, outside contractors/vendors as required to ensure scheduling, cost control, regulatory, reporting and other project requirements are met.
- This position is expected to support projects that may be in remote locations requiring frequent travel to the construction jobsite.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field plus five years of applicable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Utility construction or construction experience
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record, and ability to drive long distances to construction jobsites
- Proficient knowledge in developing/updating schedules, resource projections, and cash flows and the use of Primavera P6 and Excel software-
- Working knowledge and skill in project management/project controls principles, techniques, methods and standards. Special emphasis in the effective use of scheduling on medium to large construction projects and programs.
- Working knowledge of construction estimating, project risk management, project scope control and project communication management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint software
- Working knowledge of PowerPlan program
- Thorough knowledge of principles, concepts and methods used in Generation and T&D substation engineering, construction and maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of utility accounting, procurement, and budgeting
- Experience in project scheduling (Primavera P6 required prefer, MS Project)
- Experience in project cost control
- Project management lifecycle knowledge.
- Project scheduling
- Project cost control
- Construction experience
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply