Project Control Specialist
Portland, OR | Contract
Category: Project Management
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Project Control Specialist.
- The Project Control Specialist develops, implements, maintains, and enhances project controls for the Company's medium to large Generation, Transmission and Distribution projects and programs. This position implements these controls effectively and in an economical manner to achieve the desired outcome, and ensures compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
This position is responsible for coordinating and communicating with various departments and groups, and outside contractors/vendors as required, ensuring scheduling, cost control, regulatory, reporting, and other project requirements are met. This position is expected to support multiple projects that may require frequent travel to construction jobsites and other company facilities.
This position would support multiple projects under the Generation, Transmission, and Distribution PMO. All of the projects are construction related.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field plus five years of applicable experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Utility construction experience highly preferred.
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record, and ability to drive to construction jobsites
- Proficient knowledge in developing/updating schedules, resource projections, and cash flows and the use of Primavera P6 and Excel software.
- Working knowledge and skill in project management/project controls principles, techniques, methods and standards. Special emphasis in the effective use of scheduling on medium to large construction projects and programs.
- Working knowledge of construction estimating, project risk management, project scope control and project communication management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint software
- Working knowledge of PowerPlan program
- Thorough knowledge of principles, concepts and methods used in Generation and T&D substation engineering, construction and maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of utility accounting, procurement, and budgeting
- Advanced skills in analytical thinking, problems solving and reasoning.
- Intermediate skills in making decisions and exercising judgment.
- Advanced skills in interpersonal relations, including conflict competence, building relationships, and influence without authority.
- Advanced skills in oral and written communication, including writing reports.
- Intermediate skills in facilitating meetings and representing one's own work group in various settings
- Intermediate skills in collaboration, building relationships and setting mutual goals with other departments and organizations.
- Intermediate skills in root cause identification and analysis.
- Experience in project scheduling (Primavera P6 preferred, MS Project)
- Experience in project cost control
- Project management lifecycle knowledge.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply