Salem, OR | maxhire
Category: IT/Software Development
Location/City: OR - Salem
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Programmer.
Our client's Information Systems Division has a need for additional staff to help with the development of an application which utilizes a Java front end. This application enables them to deliver access to government information via the Web, as well as allow internal and external users to update the database via a Web browser. We need an experienced Java programmer/analyst to help them deliver the required functionality.
The candidate we seek should have 5+ years' experience in IT architecture, analysis, design, development, and testing of Java based Web applications.
Preference may be given for experience with the following:
- Tools/GUI/IDE: JDeveloper, Netbeans, GIT, TOAD
- Object Relational Mappers: Hibernate, TopLink
- Databases: Oracle 9i/10g
- Application/Web Servers: WebLogic Application Server
- Participate in Sprint Planning and daily Scrum meetings.
- Convert data from project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify computer programs: Prepare, or receive from systems analyst detailed workflow chart and diagram to illustrate sequence of steps that program must follow and to describe input, output, and logical operations involved.
- Analyze workflow chart and diagram, applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Confer with supervisor and representatives of departments concerned with program to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Convert detailed logical flow chart to language processed by computer.
- Enter program codes into computer system.
- Input test data into computer.
- Observe computer monitor screen to interpret program operating codes.
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging of new and existing processes.
- Correct program errors, using methods such as modifying program or altering sequence of program steps. Write instructions to guide operating personnel.
- May work with Systems Analyst to obtain and analyze project specifications and flow charts.
- May direct and coordinate work of others to write, test, and modify computer programs.
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
- May require an associate's degree in a related area and at least 1 year or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply