IT Service Desk Specialist
Portland, OR 97204
Meridian Technology Group is seeking an IT Service Desk Specialist.
NOTE: This is not a Desktop Services Technician (Tier II) position.
- The person selected to fill this position will be expected to provide quality first level computer help via phone and/or email; (Tier I) incident/problem tracking, escalation and communication; computer access request processing, and IT service request routing and coordination for IT clients.
- The position requires thorough knowledge of PCs, local area networks, peripheral devices and software compatibilities; excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated operating capability in PC programs, operating systems and network utilities.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a personal emphasis follow-up/follow-though are also required.
- Previous Service Desk experience and/or certification in an ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) driven IT environment is highly desired.
- Majority of time is spent communicating with internal IT clients over the phone and via email.
- Those who fill this position will work with the 6-person Tier I, Service Desk team (IT Call Center / Helpdesk) located in downtown Portland.
- Normal work schedule will be Monday-Friday. Start/End of normal eight-hour work shift will vary from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
This position is located in Portland, OR. Consultants should reside in the area or indicate the reason they are willing/seeking to relocate. Also, interested Consultants must indicate they are willing to relocate at their own expense as this position does not offer relocation assistance.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please apply with your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
Learn how to earn up to $1,000 with Meridian’s Referral Program.