Portland, OR | Contract
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a GIS Specialist.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Use ArcGIS and ArcFM as well as a custom application to identify, configure, and transform distribution data.
- Read and interpret electrical utility asset information to enter, edit, and update spatial and tabular data.
- Maintain the accuracy of the GIS database(s), technical files, and documentation.
- Ensure quality, meet timelines, and coordinate with supervisor and trainers to resolve data issues.
- Complete data conversion, digitizing, spatial data editing, attribute editing, data validation and maintenance of digital infrastructure spatial data and related attribute information.
- Analyze data and perform QC/QA related activities, standards enforcement, and data validation.
- Progress tracking and reporting
- Technical certification or equivalent in drafting, GIS, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of related experience working in a fast paced, high volume production environment using ArcGIS.
- Experience working with and ability to read and understand electrical one lines, schematics, as well as transmission plan and profile drawings.
- Knowledge of basic electrical distribution power systems and utility network connectivity.
- Knowledge of utility engineering specifications and drawings, established drafting and design techniques.
- Knowledge of current technologies, tools, systems, and vendors.
- Understanding of company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information System (GIS), Natural Resources, Geography or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with ArcGIS 10.X and ArcFM
- Experience working with and maintaining networked utility data.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply