DevOps Automation Tester
Allen, TX | Direct Hire
Category: IT/Software Testing
Location/City: TX - Allen
Job Type: Direct Hire
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a DevOps Automation Tester.
DevOps Automation Tester
Location: Allen, Texas
Reporting To: Engineering Manager
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Our Client develops, markets, and maintains custom hardware and Cloud based software applications to enable its mobile digital video recorder product line. Challenges include database, video file storage and conversion, video-on-demand streaming, enterprise class network-enabled client/server applications, embedded software/firmware, and new user interfaces including Web enabled clients.
The successful candidate will operate in an Agile development environment while collaborating with key stakeholders to configure test automation frameworks and develop automated test cases. The candidate will conduct system, Integration and regression testing as an integral part of scrum team, driving Behavior Driven Development (BDD), shifting quality left. Ideal candidate will make and implement recommendations to improve the automated testing process.
- Develop automated test cases for in-sprint testing and regression for Cloud based products.
- Conduct integration, system and regressing testing in Agile and/or BDD development process .
- Add capabilities to automated test library to improve test automation cycle
- Organize time and workflow to maximum productivity in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment model.
- Demonstrated ability in testing/validating complex systems and software designs in Agile environment
- Possess critical thinking to develop automated test cases to address business needs.
- Foster teamwork among peers.
- Mentor junior members of the test team in product knowledge, technical skill, and QA best practices
- Start and finish tasks with minimal management oversight.
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout typical work-related challenges.
- Communicate effectively to peers.
- Demonstrated aptitude in recognizing and solving problems.
- Experience with setting up cloud based VMs and maintaining test environments
- Programming/scripting for automation (Powershell, Python, Perl, etc)
- High Level understanding of networking concepts and implementation
- Virtualization and cloud concepts and implementation
- Critical thinking the ability to identify strengths, weaknesses, and downstream effects
- Willing to learn and develop skills and knowledge.
- Analytical debugging
- Experience with the following strongly desired:
- Active Directory/DNS knowledge
- Security testing at API layer
- TestComplete or Selenium
- Hyper-V, VMWare
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- 7+ years of demonstrated proficiency.
- Experience Testing REST API via automated tools using a Swagger Spec
- Experience in Load/Capacity/Soak test in a Cloud Environment
- Experience with Azure Gov .
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.G. Grafana)
- Experience with Test Case Management Tool
- Ability to use an APM (e.G. New Relic, App Insights, etc)
- Ability to work with the team to debug a failure in code and troubleshoot the issue
The candidate must be self-managed, and proactively solve issues and problems with a minimum of direction.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute at a high level in an Agile team environment are a must.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. Additionally, F-1 Visa holders are not eligible for consideration. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Brandon Newsom at bnewsom@meridiangroup.Com
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(214)273-4497 or (817)601-4651 in Texas
(800)698-0853 outside Texas
click to apply