Portland, OR | Contract
Category: CAD/Electrical Design
Location/City: OR - Portland
Job Type: Contract
Meridian Technology Group is seeking a Design Specialist.
- Provides expertise in a specialized field.
- Acts as a resource to generalist personnel to investigate and resolve problem situations or complex issues.
- Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new programs, systems and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Develops and maintains operational and procedural documentation.
- Draft plans, elevations and details for structures, installations, and other projects.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles.
- Produce drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (CAD).
- Prepare construction drawings utilizing established engineering guidelines, specifications, and standards.
- Prepare wiring diagrams, equipment layouts, and panel designs.
- Prepare the physical layouts, including general plans and elevations, grounding plans, cable and conduit plans, and construction specifications.
- Develop bill of materials from engineering drawings.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or the equivalent combination of education and experience (see preferences).
- A minimum of five years electrical drafting experience.
- A minimum of two years' experience in electrical system design, using AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- General knowledge of electrical circuits and schematics.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, as well as general knowledge of generating facilities, power substations, and protection and control schemes.
- Design skills, including the development of detail design drawings from engineering guidelines and sketches.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications.
- Communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult and resolve internal and external customer issues which may be critical, sensitive, moderately complex, or urgent in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds.
- Knowledge of electrical safety codes and design standards, as well as knowledge of the company's design standards and specifications.
- Advanced computer skills, including SAP.
- Associates degree or greater education in engineering or a closely related field.
Any offer of employment will be conditional, based on successfully passing a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
Meridian Technology Group is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and non-discrimination for all employees in all job classifications and for prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state law. All hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States. We are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas therefore, all applicants should be eligible to work without sponsorship, as sponsorship is not available at this time. No 3rd party companies/candidates.
Please email your resume now or
contact us for more details:
Meridian Technology Group Recruiting Team
(503)697-1600 in Oregon
(800)755-1038 outside Oregon
click to apply